Join us, for the fourth workshop in our Measure What Matters series “Messaging Your Mission” on Thursday, December 3rd at Middlebury College’s Kirk Alumni Center, located at 217 Golf Course Road in Middlebury, VT.
This workshop will flip the concept of ‘greenwashing’ on it’s head, presenting a wealth of theory, insights, and innovative strategies for communicating your sustainable and socially responsible practices. Attendees will learn from business leaders and communications professionals who will present a breadth of theory and real world examples, equipping attendees with ready-to-use tools for strategically marketing their sustainable and socially responsible practices.
VBSR’s Measure What Matters workshop series is your opportunity to learn from some of the best companies in New England, see how you measure up against industry leaders, and find new ways to improve your business operations. Workshop attendees will leave with tools for change and an expanded network of professionals who believe in business as a power for good! Modeled after the B-Corp Impact Assessment, this new series will help members to better support their communities, reduce the impact of their operations on the environment and to create the best workplace for their employees.
Join us for a single workshop or two or the entire series. With a multi-workshop registration, different employees in your organization can attend different workshops. Workshops are available for members and non-members alike.
- Thursday, March 19 – “Building Employee First Workplaces: Personnel Policies and Handbooks” Learn the ins and outs of creating, improving, and implementing personnel policies and an employee handbook that put social responsibility at the forefront.
- Location: City Market South End Community Room – 207 Flynn Ave, Burlington, VT
- Thursday, June 18 – “Impact Giving: Beyond Writing a Check” How to cultivate a culture of philanthropy and use strategic giving as a way to implement and communicate your business’ purpose.
- Location: VSECU – 1 Bailey Ave, Montpelier, VT
- September Date TBD – “Waste Not, Want Not: Solutions for Waste and Packaging“ Learn from the best of the best about creative ways to reduce and reuse your company’s packaging and waste.
- Location: Vermont Tech – 124 Admin Dr, Randolph Center, VT
- Thursday, December 3 – “Messaging Your Mission” Flip the concept of ‘greenwashing’ on it’s head with theory, insights, and innovative strategies for marketing your sustainable and socially responsible practices.
- Location: Middlebury College Kirk Alumni Center – 217 Golf Course Road, Middlebury, VT
Thank you to our sponsors:
VSECU is a member-owned cooperative and not for profit credit union for everybody who lives or works in Vermont, offering a full range of affordable financial products and services to its individual and business member-owners. VSECU is committed to improving the lives of Vermonters by empowering the possibilities for greater social, environmental, and financial prosperity. Together we make change, simply by banking. VSECU is a VBSR Champion Member.
Mascoma Bank was founded in 1899 by community members seeking ways to establish a healthy local economy. For over 118 years, Mascoma Bank’s foundation of mutuality has continued to be a force for positive change supporting communities to reach thriving sustainability. Now as a Certified B Corporation® we continue our mission to be Best for the World®, a company where we don’t answer to stockholders, but respond to the needs of our communities.
Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs