#HerDreamDeferred – A Week on the Status of Black Women & Girls
Monday, March 28 – Friday, April 1. Daily webinars at 2:00 p.m. except Tuesday’s at 12:00 p.m.
In honor of Women’s History Month and the second year of the UN’s International Decade for People of African Descent, please join AAPF, the Center for Intersectionality and Social Policy Studies, The Transformative Justice Coalition, the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, the American Association of University Women, and other leading racial and gender justice organizations for a week-long series of online activities focused on elevating the crises facing Black women and girls.
- Monday, March 28 Webinar – #BlackGirlsMatter: Countering Criminalization In and Outside of School
- Tuesday, March 29 Radio Interview – Igniting Change with Barbara Arnwine: #StandingUpForMom: Resisting the War on Black Single Mothers
- Wednesday, March 30 Webinar: Race and Gender Below the Mason-Dixon: The Status of Women of Color in the South **Featuring IWPR President Heidi Hartmann, Ph.D., and Postdoctoral Fellow Chandra Childers, Ph.D., for discussion of IWPR’s first-ever Status of Women in the South report.**
- Thursday, March 31 Webinar: The Unspeakable Truth: The Reality of Sexual Assault at HBCUs
- Friday, April 1 Webinar: Neglected at Home After Serving Abroad: The Story of Black Women Veterans