Action for Safety is a self-defense and violence prevention program for girls aged 10-13. The overarching goals of this national initiative are to increase the number of girls and young women who have the skills and resources to protect their physical autonomy and personal safety; to help girls and young women recognize and claim their right to be free from sexual harassment in neighborhood, school and work environments; and to provide girls and young women with opportunities to act collectively to reduce the level of violence in their communities and in their lives. Girls will discuss the 6 Stars of Self Defense along with participating in hands-on activities.
FREE, but registration is required
- Space is limited, so please pre-register by calling (603) 650-2600.
- All classes must be paid for in full one week before they begin, and we are unable to provide refunds for a program after that date.
- WHRC reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
- In case of bad weather, class cancellations will be made on the day of the class: by 2:30 pm for evening classes, and by 8:30 am for daytime classes.
- Scholarships are available from donations made to the WHRC FRIENDS program.
- Some managed care plans are now offering reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our health care classes. Call your employer or insurance customer representative to find out if you are eligible.