Join SCORE Vermont on Friday, May 7th as we close out Small Business Week with a summit that any small business owner, or budding entrepreneur, will not want to miss – and it’s free!
With over 30 speakers and panelists, we are going to talk about managing change in your business – whether you’re in the idea phase, start-up phase, have a few years in, or are a well-established business.
Concentrating on a few key areas in small business, we have lined up a lot of local small business owners, professionals, and entrepreneurs, to discuss methodology, tips, hacks, and even share some business horror stories.
Come and be inspired by keynote speaker Steve Gagner of 14th Star Brewing!
If you’ve never had the chance to see Steve speak before, don’t miss out on this opportunity. He’s dynamic, he’s real, and he tells it like it is.
Today’s business owners need to have a host of skills to start, adapt, sustain, expand or grow their businesses. They also need to understand accounting & finance, digital media, business planning, performance measurements, operations, bookkeeping, taxes, and e-Commerce. In other words, many of today’s business owners have to wear multiple hats. If that weren’t enough, modern entrepreneurs also have to adapt to factors in today’s changing environment ranging from COVID-19 to innovations in technology, new competition, and changes in tax laws and government regulation.
This (more than) half-day virtual summit will educate new business entrepreneurs and existing business owners on how to start, sustain, adapt/change, expand, and/or grow their businesses.
While this summit is being held online, participants will also have the opportunity to engage with other attendees, speakers, and panelists, across the virtual format. We’ve taken your feedback to heart – each content area consists of a short mini-presentation by key speakers, followed by discussions with panelists, speakers, and other attendees.
What You Need to Know About this Event
- Being hosted on Zoom, this event will be in “meeting style” not a traditional webinar.
- This event is not a confidential meeting; use your discretion when sharing information.
- Most sessions include a mini-presentation, followed by a lengthy Q&A portion with the speakers, panelists and other attendees.
- Sessions are designed to run from the top of the hour for about 45 minutes, leaving you plenty of time to get up, stretch, grab a new notebook, or grab a beverage of choice.
- Most sessions have content created based on the needs of 2 types of businesses – the start-up/young business owners and the more established business owner.
- The E-Commerce session is for all business owners at any phase of their business.
- The Small Business Resources Meet & Greet, also for business owners at any phase, is a great opportunity to meet representatives from various agencies that provide assistance to small businesses.
- 8:30a: Virtual doors open
- 8:45a: Introduction to SCORE
- 9:00a: Keynote Speaker: Steve Gagner of 14th Star Brewing
- 10:00a: Finance Breakout Rooms
- 11:00a: Marketing Breakout Rooms
- 12:00p: E-Commerce Breakout Room -or- Small Business Resources Meet & Greet Breakout Room
- 1:00p: The Entrepreneur Mindset Breakout Rooms