The Safety Team’s Women’s Self Defense Program teaches simple, powerful, and effective personal protection strategies that are easy to understand and remember. Participants learn how to recognize predatory behavior before it becomes a threat, diffuse it verbally, if possible, and to apply effective physical self-defense techniques, if necessary.
The 2.25 hour introductory women’s self-defense program typically includes a focus on:
• Communication, consent, verbal and physical boundary setting
• Issues around date rape vs. stranger assault
• Recognizing pre-assault behavior
• Ways to deter or avoid an attack before it becomes physical
• How predators think and what they look for in their victims
• Decision making around lifestyle choices that minimize vulnerability yet maintain personal freedom
• Trusting the wisdom of intuition
• How to find the inner strength to fight back.
• Basic self-defense techniques that are easy to execute yet effective