2019 Annual Spring Leadership Conference
Join us Thursday, March 28 and Friday, March 29, 2019 at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa for inspiring speakers, engaging workshop sessions, and a variety of networking opportunities. We’ll explore what it means to move women forward both as individuals and as a diverse group of leaders.
Day 1 – Thursday, March 28, 2019
- 2:00-2:30 Registration & Coffee
- 2:30 – 3:00 Opening Remarks
- 3:00-5:00 Concurrent Deep Dive Pre-Conference Workshops
- Head, Heart, & Hustle: Exploring Professional Pathways or Intersectionality in Higher Education (see Thursday workshop descriptions)
- 5:00-5:30 Break
- 5:30-7:00 Networking Dinners
- Groups of 8-10 attendees will be assigned to networking groups for dinner at one of 5 local restaurants (Cost of dinner is covered by registration fee – alcoholic beverages not included).
- 7:00-8:30 Dessert Reception
Day 2 – Friday, March 29, 2019
- 8:00-8:30 Optional Info Session: Joining the VWHE Board
- 8:30-9:15 Registration, Breakfast & Silent Auction
- 9:30-10:00 Welcome, Announcements
- 10:00-11:15 Keynote: Linda Tarr-Whelan on The Future for Women’s Leadership
- 11:15 – 12:30 Workshop Session I (see Friday workshop descriptions)
- Cracking the Glass Ceiling in Higher Education
- Her College Dreams: How Can We Support First-Generation Female Students?
- Contemporary Leadership at Small Private Colleges in New England
- Successes & Challenges Women Faculty Face in Teaching in Applied Fields
- Sustaining & Empowering Women of Color in Leadership in Institutions of Higher Education through Transformative Leadership
- Women & Money: Creating Your Best Future
- 12:30-1:45 Networking Lunch & Raffle Drawing
- 1:45-3:00 Workshop Session II (see Friday workshop descriptions)
- Cross-Gen Conversations: Supporting Leadership Development Across Generations
- Developing a Consulting Practice
- It All Begins Here
- Learning Leadership
- Making an Impact: Leadership Roles in Academia
- Women’s Leadership on Campus: How to Promote Women’s Leadership for Students on Campus
- 3:00-4:00 Coffee Break, Closing Remarks & Final Raffle Drawing
Workshop Descriptions and Presenter Bios
Print a conference schedule.
- Attend Thursday, March 28 ONLY: $50
- Attend Friday, March 29 ONLY: $110
- Attend Both Days: $160
Overnight accommodations available at a special group rate of $170 per night by calling Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa at 1-800-253-2232 (indicate that you are attending the Vermont Women in Higher Education Conference).
The conference is being sponsored by:
Interested in sponsoring the conference? Learn more