Over the course of 20 hours, this workshop helps participants heal the wounds of sexual assault and abuse. People who complete this work emerge saying they feel:
- Less pain, shame, resentment, and rage. And instead, they feel a greater sense of power, peace, and even compassion.
- A greater sense of wholeness and a feeling that the past no longer colors their life.
- They can own their story rather than the story having power over them.
One victim of childhood sexual assault described the success of this workshop with these words:
“I never thought I would ever be able to look at this story and not feel pain… At this point, I can honestly say that I am forever changed for the best. I am now able to reflect upon my past hurt with new eyes and a sense of completion that I didn’t think was possible.” ~ Claire, 37 years old
What the workshop will look like:
- You will participate in a series of guided writing exercises, subconscious-remapping processes, meditations, breath work, some group sharing, and more.
- You’ll apply a variety of mind-body tools.
- You’ll enjoy quiet time for journaling, drawing, meditating or going for a walk.
- Tentative dates: Sat– Sun July 20-21 (**dates to be confirmed)
This workshop is being offered pro-bono for people in the greater Burlington community. If you know someone who might be interested, please share with them this opportunity.
About the facilitator:
Morella Devost, EdM, MA, is a Counselor, Hypnotherapist, NLP Master, EFT practitioner and Reiki Master. By engaging the subconscious mind through creative techniques, she helps her clients resolve painful memories, release stuck emotions, and heal the wounds of traumatic events. Morella holds MA and EdM degrees in Counseling from Columbia University.
Think you’d like to come?
Call 802 * 489 * 5379 or email Morella to set up a get-to-know-you call and get more details.
Maximum capacity of 8 people.