Pride Ride with Audubon Vermont
Audubon Vermont is thrilled to be teaming up with Pride Rides Vermont for a September ride featuring basic bird identification. We will discuss bird behavior, migration, and dive into winter bird identification (winter is the best time to get into bird ID at your feeders!). In the spring we’re planning another birding Pride Ride when there will be a lot more birds! The September ride will be a mild ride to make sure all are comfortable with the mountain biking.
The Pride Rides are a safe, inclusive, affirming space for LGBTQIA+ community members. This event is also an opportunity to learn about the natural world around us as we go. All ages, allies, and families welcome! Youth under 18 years should be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
This Month’s Pride Ride Leader:
Kris (he/him/his) –Founder of Pride Rides VT, ride leader, bike mechanic, trans man, and full of queer bike stoke! Kris looks forward to every opportunity to share his love of bikes and is super excited to partner with Rae and Audubon Vermont to explore yet another way to enjoy and learn about nature and the outdoors while on two wheels!
Accompanied Audubon Vermont Teacher/Naturalist:
Rae (she/her/hers) – Audubon Vermont, Youth Leadership Coordinator. Rae has always had an affinity to being in the outdoor world and getting to know all the happenings around her. Her main passions are birds, phenology, and amphibians! She cannot wait to meet you all and hopefully teach you some nature facts and skills that are new to you!
To sign up to be one of the fifteen lucky Pride Riders this month, email Rae Bronenkant at Audubon Vermont to save your space: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will confirm your spot for the Tuesday evening ride.
COVID-19 Safety: We are committed to our community’s health & safety.
– Please do not attend if you are sick or symptomatic (with fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath), if you have traveled outside of Vermont within the last 14 days, if you have received a positive COVID-19 test result within the last 14 days, or if you have had contact with any other person who is diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
– We ask you to take your temperature on the morning before attending the event.
– Complete the Audubon Vermont COVID-19 Questionnaire less than 24 hours before the event. If you answer yes to any of these questions please do not attend. You will be asked these questions in person when you arrive at the event.
– NO carpooling with people whom you do not live with.
– When attending the event we ask everyone to please:
– Wear a cloth mask or covering (if you do not have one, please reach out to staff and we will provide one for you).
– Observe physical distancing of 6 feet or more with people who you do not live with.
– Use frequent hand-washing or hand sanitizing.
– Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as handrails.
– Do NOT share binoculars, field guides, food, water, or phones.
– We will be collecting COVID-19 contact tracing information from everyone when you arrive at the event. This information will be kept confidential and used only for COVID-19 tracing.
– For more information on COVID-19 prevention, please go to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html
– We will be following the governor’s order so if these orders change the event details you will be sent an email as soon as we know.
– Sticking with COVID precautions, we ask that you bring a mask to wear for any social moments or trail stops. – You may wear your mask while riding if you wish, but it is not required. Leaving ample space in between riders will be encouraged to allow for safe riding sans a mask.
We are so happy to be riding bikes with you all again. Come out and ride with us in September!
To sign up to be one of the fifteen lucky Pride Riders this month, email Rae Bronenkant at Audubon Vermont to save your space: email@example.com. She will confirm your spot for Tuesday evening.